Below are some of the most frequently asked questions. This FAQ page was created with the help and the feedback of some of our existing customers. Its purpose is to save you valuable time by providing answers to commonly asked questions. Feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

A policy designed to provide protection against catastrophic losses, the umbrella insurance policy is generally written over various primary liability policies, such as a general liability insurance policy, business auto policy and employers’ liability coverage. Once the underlying limits of these primary policies are exhausted, the umbrella liability policy would provide further coverage beyond the limits of those policies.

Yes, because the chance that you could suffer a loss begins with the first day of business. You cannot get help after the incident. If you suffer a loss and have no insurance, there is nothing your Liberty United Insurance agent can do to help you. Part of the risk of any small business is the loss of critical tools and property or liability to others either of which can cause loss of income or even force you to close your business.

Also many states and local jurisdictions require that businesses be insured to begin operating, especially General Liability Insurance. Also if you rent or lease space for your business, your landlord will probably require that you to be adequately insured as well.

Independent agents work for you, the customer; we are not employees of the insurance carriers and therefore we can offer our customers greater customization of insurance policies. We pride ourselves in having access to several of the best specialty insurance carriers available in the marketplace and get to shop around for our customers for the best insurance values.

Serving the interests of our clients. Personalized support and relationships matter to us. Because we are owned by banks, we are empowered to deliver top-notch support and services able to add on additional.

A “rating” is a letter grade system assigned by a 3rd party company such as A.M.Best and Co. Insurance companies receive their rating based on their financial strength, time in business, and customer claims history satisfaction.

An (A++) Rating is the best yet, A++ or A+ (Superior), A or A- (Excellent), B++ or B (Very good), B or B- (Fair),C++ or C (Marginal), C or C- (Weak), D (Poor), E (Under regulatory supervision), D (In liquidation), S (Rating suspended). Link for AM Best

A standard (admitted) company has designed their policies, rates and forms for customers with average or better than average exposures. There are several reasons a risk may not fit within a standard company’s appetite. Just a few are classes of business:

Unusual or high risk classes
Poor prior loss experience
Higher potential for loss
Lack of experience in the field
There also could be the need for broader coverage than an admitted carrier can offer

Yes. Whether you have one vehicle or several, you will need a business automobile policy. Such a policy covers any motor vehicle used in your business including cars, vans, trucks and trailers pulled by trucks, and offers coverage if they are damaged or stolen. It also covers liability if the business vehicle is in an accident and the driver is at fault.

This policy is not for truckers or commercial garages. They have special liabilities and must secure special policies that deal with their different needs. Businesses that have a fleet of vehicles will of course have different needs than a business with one or two, and their policies will reflect these differences. See definition

This insurance may reimburse you for the net income that would have been earned if, for example, a fire or other covered causes of loss had not occurred. Losses due to down time or extra expenses needed to restore operations (such as additional property rental) also may be covered.